Tuesday, September 05, 2006

a true retreat

This weekend I heard the ocean. It was fantastic! 12 of us from church went on a retreat this weekend and it was truly that. None of this busiest weekend ever crap where your every minute is planned with times to eat, activities to participate in, structed games and discussions....we had no agenda. We wanted to take naps...we did it. We wanted to spend the entire day on the beach...we did it. We wanted to try our best to build a sand castle...we did it. It had been a while since I had taken a true vacation where I come back feeling fully rested. It was much needed and I am so very thankful for it. I got to meet some new folks and spend time with those I love. God is great and all His creations are beautiful works of art. I appreciate trees and the mountains but there is something about the vastness of the oceans that commands you to stand in awe and praise God for all things. He is is soverign and our God most certianly reigns. I'm ready to go back to the beach!!!


by far...the best quote of the weekend would be from my beloved roommate, "Jesus made making out...it's totally biblical."

1 comment:

Lele said...

I'm glad the weekend was so restful....and that TOTALLY sounds like a Dawn comment! haha!