Wednesday, May 23, 2007

a favorite

If you were to ask me, "Emily, what's your favorite restaurant?" Anyone who knows me at all knows that I will say...well true, Las Palmas is near and dear to my heart but if we are going for all time favorite, then I would say...ok, well Baja Burrito would come before Las Palmas, but still if we are going for all time favorite and money isn't an option...YES! The Cheesecake Factory. The obsession started early on really. You would think that a love of cheesecake compelled me to enjoy this place so much when actually it was the other way around. A love of the Factory taught me to appreciate the amazing dessert that is the cheesecake. Its the whole experience there that I love. The atmosphere, the book of a menu, the fabulous food, and of course...the cheesecake.

Now, what many of you don't know is that there is a place I love just as much. I know what you are thinking...that its not possible. It is though. There is a place that I LOVE, but I never really talk about it. One reason is most people haven't heard of it so its just easier to say, "the Cheesecake Factory!" and then whoever asked the question will usually responded with, "Oh yeah, I went to one of those in Chicago!" or "Yes! That's a great choice, however you know I've never had the cheesecake. I'm always too full!" See, not only is the cheesecake Factory a great place to eat, but a fabulous conversation starter as well. I'm not sure other reasons why I don't mention it. I guess b/c I've never been there with friends, I don't know. anyway...

So today I heard that I get to plan the menu for a lunch that we are doing at work and it is coming from Mere Bulles, my favorite restaurant. I've only been there for work events and meetings but I absolutely love it. Its in an old plantation home in Brentwood. Its beautiful, especially at Christmas. I love everything about it. The fact that the waiters remember repeat customers, the atmosphere, the art work on the walls, the patio when its nice outside, the fact you can reserve to eat in the Library, but most importantly the She Crab bisque soup. It is the most amazing soup and it is the main reason I love this place so much. I've also never had anything twice on the menu and I've yet to be disappointed. From Mahi-Mahi Sandwiches to Rib Rolls or various salads...gosh, its all so good!

So, the truth comes out. My true favorite. If you've never been I encourage you to go...and you can take me if you want!

No comments: