Tuesday, September 11, 2007

oh...family time...

This past weekend I went to Louisiana to celebrate my Granpa's 90th birthday. It's not everyday you get to turn 90 so it was quite the celebration. All my cousins came in, my dad, ...and....Stuart and Sara and BABY SEAN!!!! That by far was the highlight of the weekend. Look how adorable he is!!!



Here are the two most favortie quotes of the weekend...welcome to north Louisiana by the way! Where apparently the only thing to discuss is why Emily isn't married...sweet!

Granny: That's a pretty ring you have there (grabbing my left hand and noticing the ring on my middle finger)
Emily: Thanks Granny!
Granny: Now, when am I going to see an important ring on this very important finger? (still holding my left hand and grabbing my ring finger)
Emily: Ummm, not today.
Granny: Well you know all these men would be flirting with you...but their your cousins!
Emily: Good thing they are!

Family Friend: You are beautiful!
Emily: Thank you!
Family Friend: You know they are saying that we are seeing less and less red heads because no one is marrying red heads...
Emily: (holding up left hand) apparently not!
- to this lady's credit she went on to say how red heads aren't marrying red heads so there are fewer and fewer...however, I still thought it was funny!

No comments: