Thursday, June 05, 2008

top 5

since I just came back from eating at my #1 favorite restaurant I felt it necessary that the next top 5 installment be RESTAURANTS. Just for clarification - this does not mean top 5 meals, top 5 foods, top 5 types of food...simply Top 5 Restaurants...for whatever ever reason you deem them worthy.

1. Mere Bulles - Brentwood. I've written about it before...but the She Crab Bisque soup is simply amazing and their carrot cake is even better. I've yet to have something I didn't like.

2. The Cheesecake Factory - Buckhead (their service and food is better than all the other ones I've been to). who doesn't love a menu with more pages than a children's book?! So much GOODNESS to choose from AND the cheesecake is unreal. I would drive 4 hours and back in one day just to eat their amazing food and cheesecake...oh wait, I DID drive 4 hours and back in one day just to eat their amazing food and cheesecake!!! PTL Nashville finally got one.

3. Baja Burrito - Nashville. I loved Baja before I was brave enough to enjoy the delicious pineapple salsa and tasty fruit tea...my love only increased when I began to incorporate these things in my regular diet.

4. The Red Bar - Grayton Beach. I can count on one hand the number of times I've been there but I LOVE their food AND the atmosphere. I've gotten something different every time and love it all the same.

5. J. Alexander's. Shoe string french fries - Check! Salmon Cesar Salad - Check! Chicken Fingers - Check! Honey Mustard - Check! and....such a delicious carrot cake - CHECK!

honorable mention goes to Chili's. I realized the other day that Chili's is just about the only place where every time I leave there I feel absolutely miserable yet wonderfully happy at the same time. They have great chips and salsa that I can never stop eating as long as they are in front of me and the actual meal portion is soooo good that I want to eat the entire plate.

who's up? what are your top 5?

3 comments:

Sarah said...

okay here are mine...

1. Radius 10- Hands down the best meal that I have ever had. One word. Grits.

2. Panera. I kind of feel weird putting panera right after Radius 10 but I love it... like you love your favorite pair of jeans...I go there all the time.

3. Loveless. I could live off of their hashbrown casserole and biscuits. Man I'd be huge.

4. Pei Wei. Cheap. Awesome.

5. Flemings- Best steak I have ever put in my mouth...and I love me some steak.:)

Honorable Mention- I love J's as well. They are more than a honorable mention restuarant...but you are only picking 5! Mac an Cheese- CHECK!

Oh one more...Caylpso...love love love.

Sarah said...

okay wow. I am going to just go ahead and apologize for the large amount of room that my comment took up. wow.

Lele said...

who knew how much you like carrot cake??? I was not aware, but it got mentioned twice in your post.

now mine are in no particular order they are just 5 of my faves.

1. Eastland Cafe- LOVE IT! Every time I go I leave completely satisfied. Tilapia, grits...GAH! IT's so good!

2. Chappy's- In montgomery. It's a deli, and it's more the nostalgia, but also the food is yum. we used to eat there a few times a WEEK growing up. ANd we'd hit it up before every football game. It was kind of like the Max from SBTB.

3. Monel's- (for breakfast). Their dinner is good as well, but this one makes the list simply based on the fact that they have every good and delicious breakfast food every created! OH MY GOSH IT'S SO GOOD! I want to go RIGHT NOW!

4. Baja- ...as well...I could eat there every day and probably not get tired of it.

5. Dalt's- It's my favorite place to eat Sunday after church. Their chicken salad...AMAZING!! There is not one thing on the menu I wouldn't order. And the place is always full of people, but not so busy you have to wait. It's perfect!