Sunday, July 02, 2006

Moldova

Today I heard my alarm go off earlier than normal. I set it an hour early so I can make sure I have everything ready to go to Molodova. That's where I'm going today...Moldova. I've never been before and I'm pretty sure the emotion I'm feeling is excited. Moldova is the poorest country in Eurpoe. It's located between Romania and Ukraine. I get to go play with sweet little orphan kids. Yes, excited is the appropriate word.

I love mission trips. I love being away from "my world" and just getting to be completely used by Jesus with what seems like no distrations. I'm sure there will be, but they just don't seem to matter when you are on a mission trip. I'm going with my church. My pastor, Jeff, was also my youth minister growing up so I have been on many a mission trip with him...it's been a few years since our last one togther though...Australia was fun, but lately I've been thinking of all the places I've been able to go and serve. Detroit was the first, then Chicago, then DC, then Australia, New Orleans was in college. I believe in missions and I believe in the importance of going and serving.

I keep hearing my head the scripture in Esther when Mordechai is giving her the pep talk to motivate her to stand up for her people and do what she knows is right. He tells her, "you were created for such a time as this." I've never felt so called to something in my life. I'm starting to feel as though I was created for such a time as this. I don't know all that God has in store for me over there but I know I'm supposed to go. I'm ready to love on these sweet children. I'm ready to show them Jesus.

I'll be back in 10 days...I'm sure I will hear a lot while I'm over there so expect a new blog when I return!

No comments: