Thursday, May 10, 2007

happy birthday!

so I've heard "Happy Birthday!" A lot lately. I had two friends have birthdays back to back this past weekend.

I was excited that they both had parties. Someone once asked me when I think I'll get too old to have a birthday party. I'm not quite sure that will ever happen. It could possibly have something to do with my previous blog...however my mom hasn't had birthday parties for herself since I can remember so I think we might differon this topic. I realize, I'm still really young to make a comment like "I will never not have a birthday party." I realize I could one day have kids and a family and they would take priority over my birthday but I just love birthdays so much. My mom always made a big deal about our birthdays so naturally I see them as highly important.

I love the fact that everyone has their own special day for themselves! You should be celebrated! I never understand why people don't like their birthday or don't like getting older. There is so much excitement in starting a new year. Maybe I'm just really cheesy and like excuses to have parties...but honestly I think I genuinely love the concept of celebrating someone! Is that wierd? maybe. What's also weird is that I've had 24 bithday parties and only repeated a theme once. CRAZY! Wonder what the big 2-5 theme will be? any suggestions???

as a side note: I realize I've talked about my mom a bit in these last two blogs. I think that may have to do with the fact that it is Mother's Day on Sunday. At the Children's Home we get 25% of our operating budget from the Mother's Day Offering...which is my responsiblity. So this is my plug for you to give! Honor or remember the special women in your life by giving to the Tennessee Baptist Children's Homes. Your gift helps a child in need recieve the love and care they deserve!!!

No comments: