Wednesday, May 16, 2007

choose your own adventure

The first part of this week I spent at that Chattanooga campus of the Children's Homes. Monday night was the retirement dinner for our East Region Vice President. It was a lovely dinner and I was touched as I heard friends and collegues get up and say such nice things about this man. At the end, Dr. Segrest got up and said a few words. He began to talk about being a pastor, a sunday school teacher, a trustee for the Children's Homes, and finally a RVP for us. He then thanked his wife for standing beside him through all thier years of adventure in ministry.

I liked that...adventure in ministry. I think its true. I found myself longing to be able to tell stories from my own adventures in ministry. I continued to think about that the rest of the night, and still the next morning during the board meeting...and still on my way home.

As christians we are always in ministry. Everything we do. Too often I forget that. Even working for a christian organization I forget that what I do is ministry. When I'm not working at the Children's Home...I'm still doing ministry. I got really excited when I began to think of it that way! What an adventure our lives can be!

I'm not sure I've done the best job of being excited about my job...I am. I love it and I love the work God allows me to do for these precious children! What children you ask? These absolutely adorable ones! (this is what I did monday...it was a blast!)


No comments: