Monday, August 13, 2007

feels like home

I can't remember the last time I was this excited! Maybe when my parents surprised me with a puppet stage, or the night I brought Bauer home, either way, I'm pretty excited about my new place to live! Is that silly? I have always said that I would never live by myself. It just sounded horrible to me. I love people so much that to think about coming home to a place where no one else lives was just sad. However, this past spring brought to me a place where I would entertain the thought of living by myself and it would make me really happy. So...I did it! I bit nervous at first, but I am absolutely loving it! It's really funny to me how moving into a new place gives you this feeling of completely being able to start over. It's not new year's, but here are my new house resolutions:

1. Make my bed everyday (we are on day 4 and all things are looking good!)
2. Keep fresh flowers in the room! (I'm not sure this will last, but they make me happy and look pretty and I would love to keep up this habit!)
3. Keep clothes (and especially socks...bauer!) off the floor at all times. - now, techincally not all my close are out of bags yet so I've yet to do this one, but once I get it done I'm hoping to keep it done.
4. I really want to try and be home at least 3 nights a week. I really doubt this will happen but I'm starting to kind of enjoy "emily" time - which is a super shock to me! - and its just so great to love where I live!

I've heard lots of things while being at the new place! I've heard most my neighbors stories which are good ones and I'm excited to have a new community to be involved in. I heard my dog bark A LOT! Who knew the little brat would be such a good guard dog?! I've also heard people tell me they like the place...maybe they are lying, but either way its been great to be able to have people over again and spend time with friends.

Speaking of friends...I could not have made the move without some wonderful folks! They made it such an easy and enjoyable move and made the first few nights full of fun!

1 comment:

Melissa P. said...

congrats! i can't wait to see it! i loved living alone for the few months that i did (which surprised me as well) and sometimes i really miss it...no offense to andy and sydney! :)