Tuesday, August 21, 2007

someone older and wiser

I feel like getting older is a gradual process. With the exception of my 16th birthday when I instnatly got to start driving by myself, I feel the aging part of birthdays is a bit anti-climatic. Don't get me wrong, I do LOVE birthdays and will probably always make a big deal out of everyone's and stand by my belief that everyone deserves to be celebrated at least one day of the year. However the feeling older part doesn't really come in one moment on that day...at least it hasn't seemed that way for me.

with 25 being a quater of a century it's a kind of mile marker in ones life. Everyone keeps asking me how I'm doing, if I feel older and wiser and sooo much more closer to 30. Its not so much that I'm ready to be older, but I'm really excited about 25. We'll see if I become wiser this year...

here are some pictures on how I turned 25! Thank you to those who helped me celebrate! The party theme was ME! selfish I know...but it turned out to be really funny. I challeneged folks to dress up like me.


anna dressed up like me strickly by accident...gotta love target



Scott on the other hand did an amazing job of replecating 4th grade emily - what you can't see is that these are overall shorts, with bright blue socks and high tops...and he has a ribbon in his hair! AMAZING!

it was jason and jeremy's birthday as well...so they sang to all three of us!

I feel like 25 is off to a great start...stay tuned...more fun to come I'm sure...oh, more older and totally wiser fun at that!

1 comment:

Melissa P. said...

I am so sad I missed it! It looks like you had a wonderful time!