Wednesday, August 15, 2007

i'm a pepper, you're a pepper

I don't remember not liking Dr. Pepper. Its by far my carbinated beverage of choice.

So I moved into my new place, right? Well it happens to be right across the street from target. ugh! I have to cut back on my spending and I move closer to my addiction...not good. But...I shall overcome. Anyway...last night I had a girls night with two friends that consisted of cold stone and a trip to target. At cold stone I didn't really feel like ice cream and wanted some sort of slushy/smoothie type thing. Well I got this strawberry/lemon smoothie and it was good...but didn't do the trick. We walk around target (Please note: for the record I did not buy anything!!!) and we get in the check out line and I say, "I really just want an icee!" Kera, the wise one of the bunch says, "Well there they are, you should just get one." Little did I know my life was about to change.

I looked over towards the icees and there it was. I swear there was a special light from heaven shining on it. - now let me interrupt this story by telling you that I'm not one to buy treats at target. I heard one of my friends mention something about coke and popcorn for real cheap at target and that it could be my new late night snack in my place b/c I could just walk there, but I didn't really listen b/c I had always been so focused on other things in target that when I go in, I just don't even look towards the pizza hut/pretzel/popcorn/icee goodness - So there it was, Dr. Pepper Icees!!!! I had no idea! Had I been missing this all along??? I almost screamed but I didn't ...emily might have screamed for me so it was ok. Needless to say I got right over there in that line and got myself a large Dr. Pepper Icee! The nice lady asked if I wanted my free popcorn...even better! So its true. You can get a large icee as well as popcorn for less than $2 at target. My life is changed...definatly for the better.

ps they also have Jolly Rancher Watermelon icees...kera had her life changed as well.

3 comments:

Mary Frances Satterwhite said...

They have Dr. Pepper Icees!! I got to go to the Dr. Pepper museum in Waco this summer. It was amazing.

jonathan c. haeger said...

Thanks for the story! You made me want a Dr. Pepper Icee also!...no really, I'm serious...I wonder if they're in all the Targets...

Just the Spechts said...

It's the 17th!!! Happy, Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!! I hope it's your best one to date! :)