Tuesday, October 16, 2007

I do....well, they did...


This past Saturday I heard my dear Rachel pledge her love to her new husband Chris! I went to school with Rachel from 1st grade on up. She is a wonderful friend and it was a joy to share that special day with her and stand up there along side them.

The weekend was very busy, but also very special for many involved. I heard Rachel's dad publicly affirm Rachel for the amazing, Godly women she has become and credit a lot of that to her mom, Boogle. I heard Chris's mom talk about all the prayers she had prayed for Chris and over Chris regarding his future wife and how she couldn't be more blessed to now have Rachel be in her family. One of the most interesting things I heard was something the preacher did during the vows. For both Chris and Rachel he had them repeat, "for richer or poorer" and then he had them repeat it again, "for richer or poorer." It was kind of funny, but I've kept thinking about ever since then. I have no idea why he did it...maybe he knows the struggle finances can cause in a marriage, maybe he experienced that himself, maybe he thought that part needed some extra emphasis. Who can know? I just thought it was interesting.

here are some more pictures from the wedding weekend!


No comments: