Thursday, November 01, 2007

this is Halloween

It's now November...that's crazy! I'm excited for Thanksgiving!


Yesterday was Halloween. It was a good day. The sad thing was I only heard one group of trick-or-treaters. I heard there were lots of kids at the mall. Apparently the stores give out candy and so they were all there. That made me sad as well. When did children stop going around the neighborhood to get candy? That was always so fun. I wonder if parents are taking their kids to the mall or other trick-or-treating alternatives for the same reason they no longer stay in host homes on youth choir tours. Safety. I would hope that if I choose to live in a neighborhood and raise my chidren there I also feel safe enough to let my children trick-or-treat there. I say these things now, who knows what I will do when I actually have children of my own.


Bauer, on the other hand, LOVED handing out candy to the kids. He also loved that his costume was pretty much a chew toy attached to him at all times!

No comments: