Thursday, November 15, 2007

it can't be true...tell me it's not true


so last night, I was informing my community group about my Christmas card photo shoot that Bauer and I had this week. (Thanks to Mary Rosenbaum of www.maryrosenbaum.com) The second I said it everyone started laughing. Well...I say everyone...it included two of my good friends and 1 guy I had never met. One of my friends said, "You are becoming a border-line cat lady!" Now...it would take a lot more than that for me to get offended but I certainly began to defend my case that never would ever become a cat lady.

Let's talk about the "Cat Lady":
1. I think you have to be at least 50 to be given this term
2. and you have to have at least 3 cats
3. and your house has to be full of those climby things and fake little mice
4. and you have to have only 3 human friends.





Let's talk about me:
1. I'm 25 and hip and very happenin' (that's right...i'm too cool to have a "g")
2. I HATE cats and will never have one.
3. I have dog toys...but just bones.
4. I have lots of human friends and just happen to live by myself (because I'm a responsible adult) and choose to have a dog...a cool dog...for a pet.

Just because I love to have my picture taken and feel like adding my dog to the picture gives me a better excuse to send out christmas cards does not make me a border-line cat lady...right? right?

4 comments:

Mary said...

ha ha - I hate cats too. can't wait for you to see the pics - they're very "cool girl with her dog".

Marissa said...

I think you're safe. You should probably be worried about Molly, though. Ha!

Lele said...

emily= NOT a cat lady

molly said...

um, you have about 8 pictures of bauer on your blog page. i'm just saying...