Friday, January 11, 2008

music to my ears

ok, so one night a week (sometimes more b/c I like it) I work at a local gift/home goods/stationary/hallmark store. The month of January is a terribly slow month for us b/c people are done with Christmas and don't want to get too excited about Valentine's Day too early (though we already have all our stuff out...crazy, I know, but I love it).

Last night the weather in Nashville was nasty and windy and rainy. You add bad weather to a slow night anyway and it makes it REALLY slow. To pass time I usually walk through our card aisles getting ideas and reading all the cards. I'm walking down the back aisle and I see a new section. "Seriously?" I think so myself. "No way!" I actually say out loud and burst into laughter.
Dayspring, which is the Christian Expressions line of Hallmark cards, has come out with Christian music song cards. OH YES! And the line up is A-MAZING! You've got some good ole MWS classics: Friends and I will be here for you. Then there is some POG, Twila Paris and 4Him action as well as some contemporaries with Chris Tomlin and Casting Crowns. "My Father's House" by AA is also one of my favorites as well as the fact that they use "Kiss Me" by Sixpence for one of the "love" cards. The cards are $4.99 which in TN makes it $5.45 but it is soooo worth it. Not only is the song choice fabulous but the wording on the cards makes it even better. I think my favorite thus far is the one that says on the front, "What a friend we have in Jesus...what a friend He gave me in you." You open it up to Smitty singing the ENTIRE chorus of Friends are Friends Forever...CLASSIC!

2 comments:

Jess(ica) said...

No WAY!!! Ok, I'm coming in to buy some of those next time I'm home. Seriously, "My Father's House" - hello camp good times. That is awesome!

Mary Frances Satterwhite said...

That is hilarious. Good ole "Friends are Friends Forever"...makes me think of when Katie Moore moved away in 7th grade...and did we also make a tape with that some for someone else? Maybe Jessica Nicholson? I need to buy one so I can have a good laugh every once in a while.