Monday, January 14, 2008

NERD ALERT!

(I know what you are thinking..."wow, em posted two blogs in one day, she must be bored at work!" quite the contrary, this is my busy season...but I'm taking a break since I've worked so much)

My boss was just over at my desk and he was trying to make a correction on something I had written so he picked up my fine point sharpie to use to mark through some things. He tried to write with it like a pencil and said, "This is bad Sharpie!" I said, "No, its a really good sharpie you just don't know how to use it." After finishing making corrections and the work related discussion he looked at me said, "You really like these things don't you?" as he pointed to the Sharpie. "Yes, I do," I replied.

I'm not much of one for name brands. It doesn't really matter to me either way. I get lots of generic brands at the grocery, I shop a lot at target and tjmaxx. It's just not that big of deal if it's really pottery barn, or the look-a-like or if it's chanel or china town. HOWEVER, put me in an office max or send me to buy school supplies and stationary and this is a whole other matter. I refuse to buy any other marker or crayon other than Crayola...Rose Art just gives me a headache. And I only buy Sharpie or Pilot pens. Snobby? probably, but I'm ok with it. I've always been one to spend more money on writing utencils and organizational items then any shirt, purse, or CD. Nerdy I'm sure...but its just how I roll.

I got markers one time for my birthday...best gift ever. Another Christmas a friend gave me scented glitter pens and fun stationary...still using both! What is wrong with me?! apparently I love to doodle with high quality pens and enjoy watching people get their throats cut while pretty music is being sung. good grief!

No comments: