Wednesday, February 27, 2008

these are a few of my favorite things...

I had various ideas on what to blog about today:

Vandy beat UT and it was a fabulous game. I love basketball and more so I love a good upset! march madness here we come.

I'm on week 2 of a commitment detox. I've gotten so much support through this time. I've also heard many things from the Lord. Still haven't really processed it all.

I've been re-reading some Shel Silverstein favorites. Such great stuff there.

I just read my brother's remarks on this article about how often people present false selves. Very interesting...both the article and his thoughts. Because I read this just before writing a blog I couldn't help but think about why I was writing what I was. Did I want people to think I was smart? Did I want them to think I was funny? or loved Jesus a lot? or was sad? or was loving life? so ....I decided to go with the following, just me...hopefully...

My missionary world-traveler extraordinaire friend Mary Frances recently "tagged" me on her blog to fill out this list of favorites. It's beautifully snowing outside and let's be honest, I'm not doing much work today. So here ya go:

My favorites:
Book: 1984 - I read this my sophomore year in high school. I felt like it was the first book that really made me think about the government (past and present) and how I felt about life. And as mentioned earlier anything by Shel Silverstein. He presents great lessons in ways a child can understand but deep enough for adults to ponder over.

Movie: I always say Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Good music, good acting, good story...though the Sound of Music was probably my first love and Julie Andrews continues to keep a special place in my heart (my movie heart, that is) because of that and Mary Poppins.

Color: it used to be purple...now I don't have one. kind of makes sad, but I really don't have a default color that I always choose...

TV Shows: in order of becoming "favorite" worthy: The Wonder Years, Dawson's Creek, Gilmore Girls

Guilty Pleasures: sleeping and having my picture taken

Outfit: I thought this was hilarious...I've always had favorite outfits and thought I was weird. It used to be denim jacket with black pants...and it might still be...

Kitchen tips: Clean up as you go. I rarely do this and always wish I would. I never want to clean up once I'm done, so its better to clean as you go.

Life Lesson: Life isn't about me.

Activity: I love to play basketball and go out to eat with friends.

Food: I love any form of potatoes.

Child Raising Tips: Keep socks and underwear in a place where they can't find them and eat them (I've only raised my dog...so this is all I know). I'm sure there is something you moms can take from that as well. maybe?

Pet Peeve: when you have to backtrack to get somewhere

Game: catch phrase, and most forms of dominoes.

1 comment:

Mary Frances Satterwhite said...

I love all of the tagging! Thanks for playing along. Fun fun!