Monday, March 03, 2008

thank you for the music...



OH MY GOSH!!!!

This is what I said out loud in a louder-than-normal voice at the movie theater this weekend when I saw the preview for the new Mamma Mia movie coming out this summer!!!! I couldn't believe it! Regardless of who was casted I would totally go see this, on opening night. It's such a fun musical! BUT it's great people. Meryl Streep, Pierce Brosnan, Colin Firth, and I'm really excited to see Amanda Seyfried, from Mean Girls, play the part of Sophie.




Apparently I'm a little slow on my up-and-coming movie knowledge b/c everyone else seemed to know about it. regardless, I will now be counting down the days...as well as counting my pennies to save up for a blockbuster summer filled with fabulous movies.

If you aren't familiar with Mamma Mia! then you have obviously not been on a road trip with me, or care about musicals at all. Mamma Mia! is the musical based on the songs from ABBA (who doesn't love Dancin' Queen? seriously!). I was given tickets to Mamma Mia! for my birthday when it came to Nashville. It was such a fabulous show. I've owned the soundtrack ever since and listen to it more often than I probably should.

ps. I also saw a preview for the Sisterhood of Traveling Pants 2!!!

2 comments:

Erin said...

OMG I did NOT know about the Mamma Mia movie either! How exciting! I listen to the soundtrack all the time too! It never gets old! I'm also looking forward to the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2, but I hear it's based on the 4th book, which I haven't read yet because I refuse to buy it until it comes out in paperback!

Marissa said...

I didn't know about it either, but I am excited now!!!