Monday, April 07, 2008

cheer up, charlie

My mom has been regularly substitute teaching for Oak Hill School for about two years now. She LOVES it and they LOVE her. Its quite perfect actually...for everyone involved I think. Oak Hill does a musical every year with some of their 4th, 5th, and 6th graders. This year was Willy Wonka! Knowing the adults in charge I knew this wouldn't be your average elementary school play...and it wasn't.

Since mom had some students in it she wanted to go and support and since I'm always up for a musical (especially my favorite movie) I went with her. Absolutely adorable. The kids did such a great job. It was too cute. Apparently this is a new musical and its an odd mixture of the original movie and the newer one. All in all, I was entertained.

I saw the play after hearing a sermon preached on Psalm 23:4. The pastor was taking a week for each verse in the chapter. I heard this sermon after hearing a friend preach Friday night on Luke 9:57-62, the cost of following Jesus. I'm not sure I would have ever been able to tie all these three things together but the Spirit used each of them to weave a wonderful pattern lessons that seemed to be just what I needed.

The cost of following Jesus is a great one but He is more than Worthy of all of it. Following Jesus will no doubt leave you in times of valley of the shadow but PRAISE GOD for his comforting shepherd-ness. Cheer up, look up, you'll see tomorrow will be better...just think positive.

and ps. I ran 10 miles on Friday...didn't really ever think that was possible. 13.1 here we come!

1 comment:

Birdie said...

thinking about you Em...and yes I am posting this at 1:15am. Long day.