Tuesday, September 09, 2008

summer "play" list

Around the beginning of May I began to feel the summer air coming in. I was super excited for the new season to begin. I didn't have a good reason for the excitement but simply summer itself. In efforts to make sure this summer would indeed be an awesome one, my friend Caitlin and I made a summer "play" list of things we wanted to do to make sure we fully embraced the summer*. We accomplished EVERYTHING on our list!!! It truly was awesome.

The Drive In - we saw Kung Fu Panda and Get Smart...this was my #2 event of the summer

Holiday World - our final event on the list and by far, hands down my most favorite. I'm pretty sure the Lord was thinking of me when He gave someone the idea to create this place. #1 event of the summer for me!

The Pool - I have a pool in my backyard. We got floats. It was fun and never crowded.

Chips and Salsa Party - who doesn't love chips and salsa?!?!

Chinese Party - this ended up being my birthday party, it turned out to be pretty awesome


Birthday Parties - cait and I both have summer birthdays...they were both equally awesome
Cookout - memorial day...nothing says memorial like a cookout, right?

Movies - it was a great summer for movies and I think I saw all the ones I wanted to

Piano Bar - LOVE IT! free entertainment.

J. Alexander's - always delicious...carrot cake is my fave.

Pedestrian Bridge - good times. great view. nice night.

The Beach - summer staple

Movies in the Park - we went to all but one...i think. probably gave me the funniest stories from the summer
Bobbie's Dairy Dip - not originally on the list but quickly became a summer fav and almost weekly tradition.

*Summer was indicated by memorial day - labor day

our fun-filled fall has already begun and our list should prove to provide just as many great memories. Fall will be the weeks between Labor Day and Thanksgiving. Updates from the Fall Play List to come soon.

3 comments:

Just the Spechts said...

Oh - this post made me miss you guys and Nashville a whole freaking lot!! Love to you both!

caitlin said...

I love the list!

I think we should try to get on lazydays.com again in the fall... that's quality.

Cherilyn said...

Summer funnin'....had me a blast. Summer time -- it happened so fast!