Friday, September 25, 2009

i've got a snake in my boots

So, of the many common traits that my mom and Indiana Jones share...there is one that stands out. The fear of snakes. For as long as I can remember my mom has been petrified of snakes.

Last night I get home and I hear my neighbor say, "Emily, it's Steve, your neighbor, don't be scared," as he is coming up from our basement. Rosie had started barking and mom went to go see what all the fuss was about and saw a snake coiled up at the bottom of the stairs trying to strike at the dogs. So she called Steve and he went down to try and find it...only he couldn't.

So Rosie had all her dreams come true last night and got to sleep upstairs because mom was afriad it would bite her. However, with Rosie being the outside dog that she is, we couldn't keep her inside all day. So this morning I went to the basement one more time to try and find it. There is was, on the wall. (which all night I told my self I was safe b/c snakes couldn't climb stairs...apparently they climb walls, so turns out...wasn't so safe). Mom and I both took our turn hacking it with a hoe. It's dead now. Still a bit nervous though...are there more?

I think it was a common king snake which is not venimous and actually kills other snakes. Either way...I will always kill all snakes.

1 comment:

joann said...

you are my hero.