Thursday, February 22, 2007

the piano man

Last night I had the great privilage to hear Billy Joel in concert. It was a fantastic show.

For those of you who read...who, I'm not really sure who you are, which is fine, but if you are reading this and you aren't quite sure what kind of music I like...I like Billy Joel kind of music. Good grief, he's so good! He would start to play a song, and I would completely forget that there words to it eventually because I found myself completely satisfied just listening to him play the piano. But then he would start to sing and it just got even better! Every song is a good one. He played a few that he said he doesn't ever play and so there was one I had never heard before, but still just as good and entertianing and enjoyable as the ones I've grown up listening to. I think he's such a talented musician! He played some older songs last night that were released well before I was even a thought in anyone's mind and it made me wish I would have been able to grow up listening to him when all those songs first came out. You know, probably the same feeling my kids will have when they hear NSync...right?! I'm just kidding. Anyway, the concert was fabulous and I thrilled I got to go...and for free! If you haven't spent quality time listening to Mr. Joel, and by quality time I meant at least two months out of the year, I would highly encourage you to start. Start anywhere, with any song. Sure I have my favorites...but they are all great!


as a side note...here's an update on my dog. remember? he's the one that decided to eat and entire toy. so...20 stitches later he's doing alright. He'll get his stitches out next week and after that should be back to normal. I feel like this may not be the last time this happens...but hopefully he won't do it again for awhile. Doggy surgery is not what my budget wanted to happen!

No comments: