Wednesday, December 12, 2007

that's it?

a few days ago I was feeling a bit under the weather. I had a big weekend last weekend so I wanted to make sure I would be OK to get everything done I needed to get done. So I went to the walk-in clinic in cool springs I've been going to for the past 4 years.

The nice male nurse took me back to my room and asked me what was wrong. I began to run through your basic "common cold" symptoms....running nose, drainage, soar throat, etc. He asked me if I smoked and I and said, "No."

He left and the nice doctor came in. He asked me what was wrong (which by the way...I always feel like its a test. I just told the nurse and he wrote it down for you to read. And he asks you all this follow up questions...like if you don't answer those right then you aren't really sick...I get so nervous!). I told him the same symptoms and like the nurse he asks, "Are you a smoker?" "No." I replied. He went on to check my throat and nose and breathing and such. Tells me he is going to prescribe me something for the drainage and his final words were, "You're a 25 non-smoker...you should be fine."

That was it. That was my diagnosis. Apparently not smoking is the cure all non-habit!

No comments: