Thursday, January 31, 2008

bring it on!


well I did it. I have officially registered for the 1/2 marathon. This is something I've been wanting to do for a few years and after seeing some of my friends do it and come out alive I'm hoping for the same results! If anyone wants to buy me an ipod to get me through it...I fully support that. I also support you coming out to cheer me on...you can even do that while I train if you think it will help me! (just kidding...kind of). So everyone mark your calendars for April 26th and I'll have sign up sheets for 30 minute prayer segments that morning for each to sign up so that you can pray I don't die during it...cool? thanks!

4 comments:

Mary said...

Yay - I'm so excited for you. You can totally do it!! Just take one day at a time!! I (sortof) used a training program by Hal Higdon that's free online - you can just google it. It's a good do-able work-out schedule that takes you through each week. I'm actually a little jealous!

Mary Frances Satterwhite said...

Woohoo! We can be running buddies...maybe next time I can move up from 10K to half marathon. Tomorrow is the second group run of the training team I joined at the Y. We'll see how it goes! So far it's going well. I haven't died yet. And I've even felt like I'm improving!! I wish I could come cheer you on.

Marissa said...

That's awesome! I hope it goes well for you. I really enjoyed doing that. I had intended to do it this year, but I haven't been running like I should and I'm not sure I could get to where I need to be in time. Good luck!

Marissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.