Wednesday, February 06, 2008

how the heck?!

I went to the kitchen at work today to get some water (the drink of choice since training began) and a co-worker sees me staring at the birthday cake someone brought in. She says, "Oh, fresh hot doughnuts will be here in 5 minutes!"

How the heck am I supposed to eat healthy and train myself for the 1/2 marathon when people bring these to work at least twice week?!

I shouldn't compain...I consider these to be one of life's most precious joys...however, I know about their absolutel lack of nutritional value and I know it absolutely does me no good to eat them. All this is to say...if you are ever one to enjoy doughnuts, cake, cookies, brownies, etc. for breakfast, TBCH is the place for you. We ALWAYS have dessert waiting in the kitchen!

3 comments:

Mary Frances Satterwhite said...

You know, I think that just comes working for one of our denominational organizations. We ALWAYS have donuts or other sweets. And we seem to have a lot of welcome/retirement/birthday/whatever parties that come with desserts. Which just makes my sweet tooth happy!

Marissa said...

It comes with working in the insurance field, too. Your depiction of the kitchen at your work sounded strikingly similar to mine - just add potato chips and a variety of chocolate candy in the cupboard. Argh!!!

Marissa said...

It comes with working in the insurance field, too. Your depiction of the kitchen at your work sounded strikingly similar to mine - just add potato chips and a variety of chocolate candy in the cupboard. Argh!!!