Friday, January 25, 2008

watch what happens


I've heard project runway being discussed by several different people lately and it tends to suprises me whenever it comes up. I will admit that I watch A LOT of Bravo. It started with Celebrity Poker Showdown. I simply could not get enough. At that time I was fortunate enough to have a roommate with TIVO and it was fabulous. I would know who would win but would continue to watch it over and over. After Showdown, the top whatever hollywood moments were highly entertaining. Then I got into Top Chef, picked up Project Runway on season 2, LOVED Shear Genius, and I am now hooked on the real housewives (pathetic, maybe...but it's how I roll). Next thing you know they give Tim Gunn his own show (FABULOUS!) and you can usually catch some Kathy Griffin most any weekend.

Though I love to watch TV there have been and continue to be very few shows that I feel are a MUST SEE every time there is a new episode. Maybe I've become too dependent on DVD's or friends with TIVO but there's not really a show out there that I have to see what happens next. I love The Office, but will go a month without seeing the new ones (granted I know there aren't anymore...but go with me). 24...in love with...I named my dog Bauer...but I've yet to finish season 5. I find LOST to be highly entertaining but my life would be fine if I never figured out what the heck they are doing there. The list can go on.


HOWEVER, Bravo reality shows have developed this special place in my heart. It's the craziest thing. I feel like Bravo plays re-runs more than VH1 but I still feel the need to be there when the new episode airs. Call me crazy, but its true. I think for a long time I really thought I was the only one who watched these things. I kind of kept this addiction quiet and didn't really discuess it. But apparently the rest of the world is just as crazy as I am and the discussions of the week by numerous people in my surroundings have been about Lauri's wedding, Christian's fierceness, Tim Gunn's gay-ness, the new season of Top Chef, and how Nashville has been well represented on making people super models. Its kind of free-ing to know I'm not alone.


Braynt Park is sooo close...who's it going to be? And do we really think Chicago can bring more heat than Miami did?

1 comment:

Jess(ica) said...

J'adore Project Runway. And I'm a reluctant convert to Make Me a Supermodel (and seriously, Nashville did do really well. I totally was thinking that the other day.)