Tuesday, April 22, 2008

baby shower



This past saturday some friends and I threw a shower for our sweet Ryan. Ryan was my first close friend to get married and is now my first close friend to have a baby. I couldn't be more excited for her and Jordan. Little baby Eli is going to be so lucky to have such wonderful parents. I don't remember not knowing Jordan and I've known Ryan for 14 years. I consider them both a blessing to my life and am so very thankful that they continue to play such a huge role in it.

I kind of liked throwing a baby shower...I hadn't really thrown one before and to be honest, I was bit nervous, but I think it was a great day! She got lots of gifts and it was so fun to be with such good friends who I don't get to see very often!

Before the pictures begin, let me say that I think I found my new favorite thing to make and I kind of want everyone to start having babies b/c of it. Yes friends, I'm talking about THE DIAPER CAKE! After seeing it on Sex and the City a few years ago and doing some research online about them I decided to try and take on the daunting task. Anna came over to help and I think it turned out pretty cute! By the way...new born diapers are just about the cutest thing I've ever seen...they are so tiny and just adorable! So come on...who's next?!?! If you haven't had a chance to see pregnant Ryan, you really should try. She is so cute! Her little basketball just jiggles everytime she laughs! ADORABLE!Mary made the most adorable invitations and they had the cutest little bird on them. We decided to incorporate the bird and have folks write prayers for Baby Eli on a bird and then place it in the bird cage!
Jessica not only made delicious and super cute cupcakes but also gave Ryan some of the cutest stuff for Eli. She got him little baby rock star shoes and she also MADE him one of the sock creatures (pictured below) that were featured on Martha Stewart not too long ago. SO sweet! (jess also makes super cute aprons...you should check them out and buy one!!! http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5564559 )



ps. did you count how many times I said "cute" and "adorable" ? It's quite absurd really, but I guess that's what baby showers will do to you...

2 comments:

Jess(ica) said...

Yay! I think the baby shower was a huge hit! And muchos gracias for the shout-out. :D

Unknown said...

Yay! So fun but I'm so sad I missed it. So glad to hear the run-down about it!! The diaper cake looks AWESOME!