Wednesday, April 16, 2008

grace

Marvelous grace of our loving Lord,
Grace that exceeds our sin and our guilt!
Yonder on Calvary’s mount out poured,
There where the blood of the Lamb was spilled.

Refrain
Grace, grace, God’s grace,
Grace that will pardon and cleanse within;
Grace, grace, God’s grace,
Grace that is greater than all our sin.

Dark is the stain that we cannot hide.
What can avail to wash it away?
Look! There is flowing a crimson tide,
Brighter than snow you may be today.

Refrain

Marvelous, infinite, matchless grace,
Freely bestowed on all who believe!
You that are longing to see His face,
Will you this moment His grace receive?

Grace...a common word among The Church, among fellow believers though still one that I have a hard time grasping onto fully. However I know it is something I need from God and want to give out to others. I have a hard time with that sometimes.

I was having a conversation the other day discussing trust and relationships. A friend said to me, "Everyone needs a little grace." It hit me so hard and was exactly what I needed to hear. I've been telling it to myself daily ever sense. None of us are perfect...the bible even says that...not even one. If your Christian family can't show you grace then who can? I pray I can be graceful to friends and family (especially since it is my middle name!) and I hope those around me can see my need for it as well. PRAISE GOD for Jesus and for the grace He pours out continuously on you and me.

No comments: