Monday, April 14, 2008

a few firsts

this weekend was a fun one and full of firsts! Here are a few of the highlighted firsts:

Nashville West - I hadn't had the chance to check out the new Nashville West development off of Charlotte Pike. Some friends and I went Friday night and I LOVED it! I kind of felt like I was out of town and not in Nashville, which was kind of nice.

Red Robin - I had never eaten at one and since its the only place to eat at the new Nashville West currently, that's where we ate. It was a good choice. Good burgers and a surprisingly very extensive menu!

World Market - after dinner we checked out some shops including World Market. I had heard great things about this store from friends who had been to other locations and I was super excited. It did not disappoint. Though I did not make any purchases I did finally find curtains that I liked, which I had kind of given up on!

Saturday I ran my first race ever, it was the Purity Dairy Dash 10k. I had a blast! It was fun to run with lots of other people. I was most excited about water stations though I'm still learning how to drink water and run at the same time. I'm not sure lots of ice cream is the best thing to eat when you finish running however, the pasta and rolls they had from Outback afterwards was AMAZING!

it was a fun weekend full of firsts! if you have not seen, visited, or participated in any of the items mentioned above, I highly recommend all of them!!!

4 comments:

Mary said...

Oooo - sounds like fun! We love Red Robin - there are several out here. Yum!

Lele said...

that's a good weekend!

Jess(ica) said...

I love World Market! Glad to hear there is one in Nashville now- in case I move back.

Jen Clapp said...

1. Ooooh...I would love to work at a Hallmark! I have community group on Monday nights at the moment, but only for the next few weeks. I could definitely do Wednesday nights, though. What should I do from here?

2. I am very impressed by your 10k running...Natalie thought about doing the Fleet Feet 5k training, and if I had the cash, I think I'd definitely do it, too. I'm not a runner, but maybe you can give me some tips to remedy that...