Monday, May 05, 2008

I see skies of blue...clouds of white...

This weekend was a beautiful one for those of you here in Nashville. Despite some showers Friday night and early Saturday AM it cleared out for two BEAUTIFUL days that only increased the wonderfulness of my weekend. Did anyone see the clouds on Saturday afternoon? There were low ones and high ones...it looked really cool. Sad I don't have a picture.

Here is the run down:

Friday night - Darren's Dance Grooves ... need I say more? Who needs Ty-BO when you can learn to groove along with groove-a-loos...seriously people?!

Saturday - Saturday was fabulous. My most favorite day at my church has been the 3on3 basketball tournament probably since before I went to the church. I LOVE IT! It represents what The Church is all about to me. I love the fact that it takes the entire church body to pull it off. I love the fact that no matter what you do that day and how you choose to participate you WILL meet new people and be able to be Christ to people who may not have had that opportunity before. No other day do we reach out to our community more than on the 3on3...this is church...meeting the community where they are and cool springs is definitely all about some sports, free stuff, and inflatables!!!



Saturday night I heard wonderful music from the Nashville Symphony in the new Schermerhorn. It was beautiful...as was the music! Before hand, to be honest, I was more excited about just going inside the building then actually hearing the music, I couldn't have been more excited to go. It turns that the music is just as great as the architecture (minus some coffee beans). I LOVED IT!...all of it, the whole night was great! We actually sat behind the orchestra so we were able to watch the Mistro's face (which might have been my favorite part of the night!). The symphony was doing a tribute to Louis Armstrong and they did a great job!!! They brought in a guest trumpet player who was really good, and funny...most of the time. If you haven't been to the Schermerhorn I would strongly suggest going!

Sunday was sooo pretty, and soooo nice to be outside for parts of the afternoon. It was also Lele's birthday! And it case you didn't know, this is going to be the best year of her life!

No comments: