Monday, July 07, 2008

an unfamiliar voice

It's always so wierd for me to hear myself on a video, or someone's voicemail, or my own voicemail message. In my head, I don't sound like what I hear on those things...and I like the voice I think I have better.

Yesterday, however, I heard myself. It was bizarre.

I'm doing a bible study where the author asks for you read scripture out loud for the "during the week homework" part of the study. Sometimes I skip over things like that when I know it's just me and I really don't think it will make that much of a difference. I didn't skip it. I read it out loud, and it was so much more powerful. It could have been more insightful because I was excpecting to feel akward or weird. Instead I felt convicted, humbled, and instantly aware of my "self."

In the passage I was reading was the following scripture. I encourage you to read it aloud and to hear yourself, and to hear the Spirit speak through you...to you.

"Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ." Galations 1:10

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I love that verse. I love how sure it is. If I were trying to please men than I would NOT be a follower of Christ...not I would halfway...or take a break...just not. I love that...thanks for sharing...