Thursday, August 21, 2008

move convincingly

Last week in staff meeting my boss prayed for God to "move convincingly." I think he was referring to God's guidance and direction over all of us as we attempt to do His work through His ministry, however once he prayed those words I instantly began to try and grasp what that looked like and stopped listening to the rest of his prayer.

If God is going to move at all wouldn't it be convincingly?

Since then I've prayed for God to convince me of His presence and His plan with His movement over my heart and in my life. As with most prayers, I've come to realize the prayer is more about my being willing to be convinced then for God to actually move in a mightier way than He already is. I hope I continue to have a desire for him to move convincingly...big or small or however He chooses whatever the circumstance.

The tough thing I've realized lately is what to do when God "convinces" me to just wait. My first thought, "LAME. When I pray for you to move convincingly I want big things, life decisions, ACT NOW!" Nope. He moved alright, and in a VERY convincingly manner. Just so happens that He has convinced me that it is ok to wait. Patience. I'm not convinced I'm ok with that yet, but I'm working towards it.

Move Convincingly. Captivate us Father.

3 comments:

Lele said...

thanks, emily for speaking truth into my life.

i'm so thankful to have you as a friend!

much love.

Michael and Jana said...

Good word.

Are you really running the St. Jude 1/2? Do you want to train with us (Moseley, Allyson Norris, me)? We'd love to have you along for the ride, I mean, run.

Anonymous said...

Genial dispatch and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you for your information.